Introducing the SS3 3 inch Max LED Pod! The first of its kind the SS3 Max utilizes the newest LED chip technology to deliver higher output intensity than any other 3 inch light on the market.
Focused. Traditional optics like reflectors or simple lenses lose light internally and to glare so not all of the light shines on target. Instead the custom-engineered TIR optic in the SS3 collects all of the light from the LED and directs it only where you need it drastically reducing glare and improving total efficiency.
From there while other options on the market lose as much as 10 percent of the light output shining through an outer lens the custom-molded TIR optic in the SS3 serves as both the optic and main lens for greater efficiency and light output (patent pending). Thanks to this innovative feature when coupled with the brand new Osram Boost HX 20-watt LEDs the total output intensity of the SS3 Max is greater than any other LED pod on the market today with a maximum of 251 000 candela shining light over a kilometer away!
Functional Patterns. All Stage Series beam pattern options were designed with optical simulation modeling to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern. No matter what your auxiliary lighting needs are there is a Stage Series optic for you!
- Driving is great for general illumination. Rather than a traditional spot pattern the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in an 18x8 degree spread providing just enough width to fully illuminate the road ahead at high speeds. Normally our Driving optic is available as a compliant SAE Driving pattern but due to its extreme intensity the SS3 Max exceeds the SAE output requirements. It's still a great option for off-road use at high speed such as stage rally racing.
- SAE Fog provides an extremely wide field of view with high-intensity output over an entire 80-degree spread. It serves as a great upgrade for any factory foglamp and will fully illuminate the area in front of your vehicle. The SS3 Max shines with higher intensity than any other fog lamp on the market - by far. Choose your output color of cool white or yellow which is often said to help cut through inclement weather.
Not just off road. Even with the SS3 Max's extreme output the Fog pattern meets the SAE J583 standard as a Foglamp for legal on-road use. For states that require them we also offer snap-on covers for your SS3 Pod. These covers are available in a variety of colors and keep your SS3 Pod clean and protected from dirt dust or whatever else the road throws your way! Please check your local laws and regulations for aiming installation and applicability.
White or Yellow. All Stage Series LED pods are available in a cool white or selective yellow color. The white is a 6000K color temperature which is a true cool white output and matches most factory LED lighting. The selective yellow is a 3000K color temperature great for high contrast in poor weather or a distinctive look on the road. We also offer replacement lenses that allow you to change the color or optic of your SS3 Pods.
Sport Pro or Max. Stage Series LED pods are available at three different power levels. All options use high-intensity LED emitters and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. The Sport model uses high-intensity LEDs and is the best bang for the buck you'll find. The Pro model steps things up in a big way with double the total power. Finally the Max model is designed with cutting-edge automotive emitters for both high power and extreme intensity. This brand new technology comes at a cost but if you're looking for the absolute best in lighting performance the SS3 Max is the answer.
Simple connections. All SS3 LED pods feature a custom-molded DT type Deutsch-style connector on the back and come with a 6-inch pigtail with bare leads. For installation you can wire yourself use an off-the-shelf Deutsch DT sized wire harness or select an optional Diode Dynamics wire harness. Our Light Duty Dual Output Harness can be used to power up to two SS3 pods. If you are looking to power more than two SS3 pods we recommend using our Heavy Duty Dual Output Harness along with a Deutsch DT Splitter.
Proven Reliability. Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F along with vibration moisture intrusion and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards just like factory components. They've also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.
Experience. After over a decade in business Diode Dynamics is one of the most trusted names in automotive LED lighting. We directly assemble and engineer our own products in the United States allowing for higher quality and performance with the newest and brightest LED technology. No matter what you're driving we pride ourselves in offering only the best possible LED solutions.
- Maximum output and performance in a compact 3 Inch package
- Available in SAE Fog or Driving beam patterns
- Four automotive-grade Osram Boost HX 20-watt LEDs
- Pin-fin heatsink design for superior thermal dissipation
- Integrated Deutsch-style connector
- Durable powdercoated aluminum construction
- Engineered and Assembled in USA